Re: `eval' patch to dpkg-buildpackage

Guy Maor wrote:
:
: On Fri, 27 Sep 1996, Heiko Schlittermann wrote:
:
: > Ian Jackson wrote:
: > : Please REVERSE the change you made to make the default rootcommand be
: > : `eval'.
:
: Yes, please do, dpkg-buildpackage 1.4.0.1 is *BROKEN* for me as I can
: no longer use sudo to build my packages.

Hm, expect it tomorrow morning (MET).  Or use dpkg-1.4.0, if none of the
other changes is needed.  (hard links and octal character
representation in tar archives, missing passing of -m, -C, -v options
from dpkg-buildpackage to dpkg-genchanges)

: sudo 1.5-1 copes with relative path names.  I've been able to build all
: my packages with it.

Package: sudo
Version: 1.4.2-2

... :-(, Ok, it seems, I'm not up to date.

NO -- better not yet tomorrow morning, perhaps I'll send the patches
first to Ian and then he could make a new release or bless 'em before
I'll release them.

    Heiko
--
email : heiko@lotte.sax.de heiko@debian.org heiko@sax.de
pgp   : A1 7D F6 7B 69 73 48 35  E1 DE 21 A7 A8 9A 77 92