How to kill a process...

Hi everyone...

I've got this niggley problem - I turned process accounting off last night
so I could rm /var/account/pacct as it was 80meg so I could get some space
back.  I basically did a rm and waited, and waited and waited.  In fact it
took forver.  Convinced that it was taking too long to delete I killed my
session nad logged back in - there was no file in there anymore, and I had
the space back - however I'm left with this process:

root      9472 75.5  0.0   788    28  ?  R    01:22 461:28 (rm)

All attempts and all signals sent to it including -9 haven't killed it.  Has
anyone got some suggestions other than rebooting? :-)

Regards,

...Karl

--
Karl Ferguson,