config scripts on root disk

How hard would it be to move the remaining config scripts (the ones that
configure network parameters, lilo, etc) off of the root disk and into a
debian package?

That debian package could then be part of the base system, so it is there when
it is needed, but the config utilities will still be present after booting
from the installed system.

This has been done with modconf, and timezone and kbd both have their own
configure utilities (although I'm not sure if they are used by the root disk
or if the root disk has it's own copy).

--
Scott Barker
Linux Consultant

[ I try to reply to all e-mail within 3 days. If you don't   ]
[ get a response by then, I probably didn't get your e-mail. ]
[ Unsolicited commercial and junk e-mail will be proof-read for US$100 ]

"I have a very firm grasp on reality!  I can reach out and strangle it any
   time!"
   - ???