Re: 96 New Debian i386 Packages

Michael Meskes writes ("Re: 96 New Debian i386 Packages"):
> Ian Jackson writes:
> > Can we please have a statement on what we should do ?
> >
> > I think we should post the release announcements to debian-changes as
> > well has having the summary postings.
> >
> > If people want just the summaries we should provide a separate list.
>
> I second all of that.

I propose to add the text below to the policy manual.

Ian.

<sect>Upload handling - announcements

When a package is uploaded an announcement should be posted to
<tt/debian-changes/.  The announcement should give the (source)
package name and version number, and a very short summary of the
changes, in the <prgn/Subject/ field, and should contain the
PGP-signed <tt/.changes/ file.  Some additional explanatory text may
be added before the start of the <tt/.changes/ file.

If a package is released with <tt/Distribution: experimental/ the
announcement should be posted to <tt/debian-devel/ instead.