Re: Documentation formats

I'm not certain that distributing HTML with the packages and other formats
separately is a good idea. I think it might be a better idea to continue
as now and use on-line conversions from man and Info to HTML. Pre-converted
HTML should be distributed as separate packages.

Debiandoc (I really need to decide on a new name) can do the conversions.

I think the change is too radical until we've had some more experience
with how well using a web browser for all documentation access works.
I've been using Debiandoc for a while now, and it is decidedly not fast
enough to completely convert me from manual pages (when I know which
manual page I want -- searching for information is nicer with Debiandoc).

--
Rural sizes win <liw@iki.fi> <http://www.iki.fi/liw/>