Re: $(ARCH)-debian-linux-gnu

> Should we use $(ARCH)-debian-linux-gnu as parameter for ./configure
> and $(ARCH)-debian-linux?
>
> If so can it specified in the guidelines.
> If not what should we use?

In the transition to ELF phase, our gcc package used i486-debian-linux,
which then caused some problems with software/documentation expecting
i486-unknown-linux.

Still, I'm tempted to say: "put the debian in", it's better than unknown.

BTW, wasn't there some talk on having an extra part for the full system
name, to indicate "mainly GNU based"? (gnu.misc.discuss, emacs perhaps?)

Ray
--
LEADERSHIP  A form of self-preservation exhibited by people with auto-
destructive imaginations in order to ensure that when it comes to the crunch