Re: New virtual packages suggestion (make)

> The problem with this approach is that it breaks everything that assumes
> that make is the GNU make - for instance, the kernel. And probably several
> debian.rules files.

It would probably be a fair assumption to say that make, under Linux, is
GNU make: the average user would have this installed. I very much doubt
that anybody, except very serious developers, would have any other version
of make installed.

I don't believe that this sort of a change is necessary.

--
Windows is not the answer. Windows is the question. Linux is the answer.
http://sunsite.unc.edu/mdw/ for all your PC software requirements. ;-)