Re: New virtual packages suggestion (make)

Hi,

	I have no _major_ objections to changing the name of the make
 package to gmake, and have it provide make as a virtual package (and
 pmake doing the same).  It should be noted, though, that:
	a) We would be changing the name of the upstream package (this
	   should not be undertaken lightly)
	b) We would have to use alternatives to actually provide a
	   make on the system
	c) Does pmake offer similar facilities and semantics as a
	   generic ``make'' package?
 I guss the question I have is whether this change buys us enough. If
 it does, I have no objections to changing the name.

	manoj
--
 "It follows that any commander in chief who undertakes to carry out a
 plan which he considers defective is at fault; he must put forth his