Re: WWW interface to mailing list archive
> I know we have WWW access to our mailing lists one. But as far as I know, it
> is only updated monthly.
That is incorrect.
> Would someone step forward to take care of that on a
> daily basis?
It will be... once I've rewritten my scripts (due to my thesis deadline,
this will probably in September).
Here's the setup as it was before master's disk-crash:
- Mail from all mailing lists was sent to email@example.com
- My .qmail on master invokes procmail
- Procmail splits out the lists in per month (or, for -announce, per year)
unix mbox-format archives in the master FTP structure directly.
- On www.debian.org, which has access to a FTP mirror, a daily cronjob
generates the WWW archives from the FTP ones. The same cronjob
updates the WWW search engine (currently glimpseHTTP).
POPULATION EXPLOSION Unique in human experience, an event which happened
yesterday but which everyone swears won't happen until tomorrow.
- The Hipcrime Vocab by Chad C. Mulligan