Re: color ls (fwd)

Thanks for forwarding this note by Jim Meyerding. I like his ignoring of
/etc/DIR_COLORS, I always found that filename rather ugly and kept my own
file /usr/local/etc/colour-ls.rc for these colour settings.

IMHO, two things remain:

	- the fileutils maintainer should patch dircolors so that it gives
	  bright red for .deb files as for .tar and .tgz files.
	  Debian's color-ls did that too

	- ask Jim why dircolors doesn't generate the aliases as the
          Slackware version did. Should we patch it to remain backwards
	  compatible?

--
Dirk Eddelb"uttel                             http://qed.econ.queensu.ca/~edd