Departure -- hopefully temporary

I'm afraid that I must drop off the debian project for now.
I'm still on track to drop off the net around mid July, due
to relocation to the Philippines, and I need to spend a larger
portion of my time getting ready for the move.  I'm not sure
where in the Philippines I'll end up, or whether a net connection
will be workable from wherever that may be.  Hopefully, I'll
be rejoining the project in a couple of months.  I'm unsubscribing
from the lists as of today, but I'll still be reachable by email
for the next couple of weeks.

I've been involved in the debian project since day one, and it's
been a good experience.  We've produced a top-notch distribution,
but it's still got some rough edges.  I think some of those rough
edges would have been smoother if we'd made a few design decisions
differently.  In those areas where the rough edges really matter,
the design decisions which they grow out of will get re-thought to
smooth out the roughness.  That's already happened in a couple of
areas.

Most of my packages have found homes.  I have three packages left,
one of which is an important one.  I'm afraid that they're now
orphans.  The following is disposition information on my former
packages:

bc-1.03             gone to Austin Donnelly <and1000@cam.ac.uk>
cvs-1.8.1           gone to eichin@kitten.gen.ma.us
diff-2.7            gone to Dale Scheetz <dwarf@polaris.net>