Better Xdm logo screen (Re: Doubts building a new package...)

[ Note: I read this mailing list.  There is no need to CC me on replies,
  unless it is _really_ urgent.  I pay for my PPP connections.  Thanks. ]

Jon Rabone:
> It's also available separately on (at least) the funet mirror sites in the
> same directory as the 2.0 source. I don't think we really need this, but
> if you've got the time to fill...

I doubt there is much need for a linux-logo package (but if one is made,
the proposed name linux-2.0-logo is distracting, due to the version number
in the middle -- linux-logo should do equally well).

For those of you who have some free time, perhaps designing a flashy
xdm login screen would be a better project.  That is, something more
sexy than the default criss-cross background with a dull, white
"login:/Password:" window in the middle.  It should be optional to
use this (not everyone's machine is idle when displaying the xdm login
screen, and a fancy one can use up a lot of memory), so it should be
a separate package.

The Linux 2.0 penguin should definitely be part of it.

I don't remember if Debian has a logo, but if it does, that should also
be part of it.

Imagine a roomful of student workstation, all of them displaying
Linux and Debian logos.  Any students working in that room every day
will feel that their Red Hat systems at home lack that special something
and will soon switch to Debian instead.