1.2 installation system issues

I posted a few days ago on debian-private that I would not be able to
work on the installation system, (also known as the boot floppies) during
the 1.2 development and that the base, boot-floppies, and modconf packages
were available. The only response I have so far is that Dirk is working on
installing the _entire_ system from floppy disk, which is a parallel project.

"modconf" needs a good Bourne shell programmer.
"base" needs a good system admin.
"boot-floppies" probably needs a few people to work on different aspects
of the installation system.

Of the three, boot-floppies is by far the most difficult, and is the one
needing the most work. There is a lot more we should do with installation
and auto-configuration. "base" is managable by one person, and "modconf" is
pretty simple. I would like to hear from volunteers for all of these packages.

	Thanks

	Bruce