Re: Release on Monday

> I think that there is risk of people interpreting Debian-1.1 as being
> behind 2.x and 3.x from another provider.  We shouldn't worry about it
> for this release, but we should keep this concern in mind and
> determine whether there are many misinterpretations.
>
> kevin

I honestly don't see why we have to update our version numbers to beat the
rest of the pack.  The way I see it we should have a two sets of version
numbers standing for minor and major releases.

For example, Debian-1.1 is updated from 0.93R6 because is had major changes
(ELF conversion etc).  The next version should be 1.2 because I doubt that
anything "big" will happen.  If it does, then it should be 2.0 if you get
my drift.

As for being behind the pack, I don't see why.  Updating versions can also
mean that there is something terribly wrong with that distribution.  I
think the way we're going now is spot-on, but, that's just my opinion.

...Karl
--
Karl Ferguson,
Tower Networking Pty Ltd (ACN: 072 322 760)          karl@tower.net.au