Re: The PCMCIA and kernel packages

Hi,
>>"Brian" == Brian Mays <bem5r@neutron.mane.virginia.edu> writes:

Brian> Option 3: The pcmcia-cs package is given to Manoj Srivastava to
Brian> be incorporated into his "kernel debianizer" package.

	Umm, not to be a wet blanket or anything, but there are
 serious problems with option 3:
	a) I don't have a laptop, and can't test the package
	b) The kernel-package package  does not contain any
	   executables, so it is at the moment architecture
	   independent, and I belive the pcmcia module is not
	c) The kernel package package is a small 23K package, adding
	   576K to this is an 2300% increase
	d) The kernel-package package has little to do with the
	   modules generated.
 I urge you to reconsider this option.

	manoj
--
 Love is a matter of chemistry, but Sex is a matter of physics.

Manoj Srivastava               Systems Research Programmer, Project Pilgrim,
Phone: (413) 545-3918                A143B Lederle Graduate Research Center,
Fax:   (413) 545-1249         University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA 01003
<srivasta@pilgrim.umass.edu> <URL:http://www.pilgrim.umass.edu/%7Esrivasta/>