New Kernel uploaded

Hy'all,

Yours truely has just uploaded new Linux kernel to master.debian.org.
The standard packages are in the Incoming directory and are available
to anonymous ftp via ftp.i-Connect.Net/pub/Linux/Debian/Incoming.

This is kernel 1.99.7 ( AKA pre-2.0.7 ), Debianized win Manoj's most excellent
kernel-package 0.8.  It includes some tweaks to the SCSI subsystem.  A result
of our tireless prsuit of excellence there.

I also built a new boot floppy, based on said kernel, Bruce's excellent
boot-floppy 1.1.1-6.  It is in .../Debian/unstable/disks-i386special-kernels.
This is an almost standard boot floppy (386, FPU emulation, gazzillion drivers).
Few archaic drivers are disabled as this kernel is too big to fit with the
standard configuration.  If any of you feel cheated, please ask me personally
to build a kernel for you.

Soon to follow will few more custom kernels, optimized for Pentium, a bit more
practical for everyday use.  We expect 2.0 any day soon.

Sincerely Yours,           (Sent on 05/23/96, 19:28:45 by XF-Mail)

Simon Shapiro              i-Connect.Net, a Division of iConnect Corp.
Director of Technology     13455 SW Allen Blvd., Suite 140 Beaverton OR 97008
Shimon@i-Connect.Net       Voice:  503.677.2900, Emergency: 503.441.1681