Two things in latest disks...

First, during the net setup, the installation disks ask you who is going
to provide you with DNS.

If you tell it that you want the machine to be its own DNS, it sets the
DNS address to whatever IP address you have given for the machine, rather
than the 127.0.0.1 I would have expected.  Is there some reason?

Second, we've got a problem in that dselect's ftp method does not work in
the base system.  If you try to chose it, you get the error:

 Can't locate lib.pm in @INC at /usr/lib/dpkg/methods/ftp/setup line 4.
 BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/lib/dpkg/methods/ftp/setup line 4.

 query/setup script returned error exit status 2.
 Press RETURN to continue.

This is presumably because the method tries to 'use' several modules that
aren't installed.  It would be nice if 1) workarounds could be found or
2) the necessary modules could be determined and included.

Mike.
--
"Don't let me make you unhappy by failing to be contrary enough...."