Guile copyright (attn: Klee Dienes)

[ I tried to send this to "Klee Dienes <klee@sedona.com>" but it failed. ]

When looking into Guile, I found that the /usr/doc/copyright file says...

  The recode package is subject to a number of copyrights.  I rely on
  the judgment of Cygnus (who has released the package under the GNU
  Copyleft) that the whole of the package is freely redistributable.

However, the info pages say...

  Permission to use, copy, modify, distribute, and sell this software and
  its documentation for any purpose is hereby granted without fee,
  provided that the above copyright notice appear in all copies and that
  both that copyright notice and this permission notice appear in
  supporting documentation.

The latter is quite different from the GPL.  I don't know about "recode",
but it seems to me that the copyright from the info pages is what should
appear in the copyright directory.

                                        Brian
                               ( bcwhite@verisim.com )