dpkg 1.2.0: dselect improvements, bugfixes, new features
I don't know how stable this release will be; much has changed in
dpkg's internals. The ELF .deb file and source tarfile should go into
the unstable tree; the a.out .deb file should go into the upgrades
directory, and the two nondebbin files in some appropriate side alley.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Date: Thu, 16 May 1996 01:51:57 +0100
Architecture: source i386
Maintainer: Ian Jackson <email@example.com>
dpkg: Package maintenance system for Debian Linux
dpkg (1.2.0); priority=MEDIUM
* dselect can sort packages by available and installed states, and
display their version numbers. (Use O, o and V.)
* Hold is properly integrated as a real `wanted state', rather than
a separate flag.
* Epochs in version numbers implemented, using the syntax
<epoch>:<version>-<revision>. (Epoch not usually displayed.)
* dselect disk method is architecture-independent (uses dpkg's
installation architecture, and looks in the right part of the tree).
* dselect disk method doesn't try to satisfy the predependencies of
packages which are on hold.
* Fixed conflict-related assertion failure. (Bug#2784.)
* conffiles do not cause file conflicts if the conflicting package
is in the `configuration only' state. (Bug#2720.)
* Fixed messages where available version number was reported as installed
version in conflict and dependency messages. (Bug#2654, Bug#2974.)
* New format .deb files are default even for a.out compiles (but
a.out version of dpkg is in old format).
* Characters @:= (at colon equals) in package names now strictly
forbidden everywhere (_ is still allowed in existing packages).
* New dpkg --print-installation-architecture option prints installation
architecture (compiled in), rather than build architecture (determined
from gcc -print-libgcc-file-name).
* Version messages show whether compiled a.out or ELF (i386 only).
* Fixed missing space in version syntax error messages.
* Manpage dpkg.8 installed with warning about inaccuracy.
* Guidelines don't say to stop and restart daemons in runlevels 2345;
instead they say to start in 2345 and stop in 016.
* Guidelines and version messages say just Debian Linux.
* Guidelines typo fix `"stop2' => `"stop"'. (Bug#2867.)
* doc/Makefile.in clean properly deletes various guidelines.info* files.
-- Ian Jackson <firstname.lastname@example.org> Thu, 16 May 1996 00:01:21 +0100
180877f15e360e43e99c820b232fd0ed 387452 base required dpkg-1.2.0.tar.gz
dd3eb4ef98d6112f08bb97655d9bec51 215002 base required dpkg-1.2.0elf.i386.deb
bceb4b3bcd07e49a32fc0a4ffc7a2e97 254563 byhand - dpkg-1.2.0.i386.deb
bce005f2584791748a0a837eca5edffb 210841 byhand - dpkg-1.2.0elf.i386.nondebbin.tar.gz
7993a6f769a22bf8afede16b6961400e 250981 byhand - dpkg-1.2.0.i386.nondebbin.tar.gz
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----