Re: http daemon suggestion/proposal

Rob Leslie wrote:
> >> /home/www/cgi-bin
> >> /home/www/icons
> >> /home/www/http
> >
> > Ugh. I feel that /home should be for _users_ and user data only. Not
> > for stuff like this. You might as well put it in /usr then. (ugh again)
>
> I have no problem justifying /home/www for my web _users_ and /home/ftp for my
> FTP users, etc. Especially when these subsystems have their own uid, I'd
> really prefer to keep them in /home.
>
> I think the wu-ftpd package set a good example for this. Can we do something
> similar to /usr/sbin/addftpuser?

Yes, that's a good idea. Users have different reasons (e.g. the FSSTND or
hd space) to put the directory to the /var, /home or /XYZ partition/directory.
Let the user decide where to put the www directory when they install
the package.

Thanks,

Peter

--
 Peter Tobias                                EMail:
 Fachhochschule Ostfriesland                 tobias@et-inf.fho-emden.de