Re: Re^2: Another shadow question

> The postinst/prerm files do install/deinstall shadow support. And some
> binaries work well with and without shadow password file. Currently I think
> only sudo and wu-ftpd from the standard distribution do so. But I expect
> netstd to be moved pretty soon and I still hop Dirk will put this little
> patch into xlockmore. I'm running a patched version since I installed my
> system but have upgraded to shadow password file a few days ago. No problem.

The "sulogin" program from sysvinit supports shadow too, so please
don't replace it with the one from shadow. It has a problem if root
isn't the first entry in /etc/shadow, but that will be solved in the
next version.

Mike.
--
  Miquel van    | Cistron Internet Services   --    Alphen aan den Rijn.
  Smoorenburg,  | mailto:info@cistron.nl          http://www.cistron.nl/