tob-0.14-0 uploaded to master
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
After having left it unfinished for several months, I just brushed over the
tob sources. I made some small changes, mostly for FSSTND compliance.
I'd be glad to hear from anyone with a tape drive how it works for them. It
served me well for almost 18 months with my simple QIC-80 Connor M250QT and I
use it nightly from cron.
The original .tar.gz is huge because a binary of afio is include. We have an
afio package, which tob recommends. tar works as well, and I have no clue as
to cpio would work.
Date: 04 May 96 20:10 UT
Maintainer: Dirk Eddelbuettel <email@example.com>
Architecture: all source
tob: Small yet powerful program for tape oriented backups.
- tob is a simple yet configurable shell-script which, given a set of
- `volume definitions', runs tar or afio based backups, either for use
- with tape drives or floppy disks. You could also mount and unmount
- partitions for backups in the pre- and postcommands. tob is a general
- driver for the making and maintaining of backups. It makes full
- backups, differential backups (of the files which were changed since
- the last full backup), incremental backups (of files changed since all
- previous backups), lets you determine the size of the backup before
- actually making it, maintain listings of made backups, make remote
- backups and possibly more.
* tob-0.14-0 release
* initial Debian release, added Debian package management files
* added a man page tob(1)
* tob: defined TOBLISTS=/var/lib/tob for storing the `lists'
database and log files that tob creates
* tob: changed TOBHOME to /etc/tob; volumes directory and tob.rc
are stored here
92f15e304e27e3ac5599175bb9549bb8 107499 admin tob-0.14-0.tar.gz
b8bd03e2a5571265eb9cdb8416bcc0c0 7505 admin tob-0.14-0.diff.gz
03a496278e45dbd8bbbf947ebe506d9d 70656 admin tob-0.14-0.all.deb
Dirk Eddelb"uttel http://qed.econ.queensu.ca/~edd
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Comment: Processed by Mailcrypt 3.3, an Emacs/PGP interface
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----