Re: screen-3.7.1-3 uploaded

In message <Pine.SOL.3.91.960430182132.6584C-100000@brando.ece.utexas.edu>, Guy Maor writes:
>and remove it from ncurses-term.  That's simpler.  But the above way
>has the advantage that the user could add definitions for screen on
>other systems, non-Debian or non-Linux systems that he logs into using
>screen.

Compiled terminfo files are architecture independent on any conforming
implementation.  Compiling the terminfo entries from source in the
postinst is thus no aid to portability.

I see three options:

1) Send me the .src file, I include the defs in ncurses-base.

On second thought, I don't know that this stuff should go in base.  It
might not be a big deal, though---how many defs are we talking about
here?.

2) Send me the .src file, I include the defs in ncurses-term.

I would have no problem in doing this, but wouldn't wish ncurses-term
on anyone who doesn't really need it.

3) Install the files with the screen package, and make it REPLACES:
ncurses-term.

Have I missed anything (other than coming up with a screen-terminfo
packages, which I think is taking package granularity a little far)?

Mike.
--
"Don't let me make you unhappy by failing to be contrary enough...."