Re: Emacs and XEmacs conflict!

Christian Hudon writes:

> Talking about xemacs...
>
> I, for one, would be very happy if xemacs didn't conflict with emacs... I'd
> like to have access to both. Would it be possible to modify emacs and
> xemacs so that they can be installed together nicely (i.e. wihtout having
> to use --force-everything). The only files that conflict are:

When was it made conflicting? I get

Package: xemacs
/usr/doc/xemacs-19.13/example.emacs as a .emacs example file.

There's also a bug report on these double files.

BTW is xeamcs AOUT? My version is ELF but I don't remember if I compiled it
myself. If it's AOUT it should be compiled in ELF IMO, if it's ELF the
dependencies are not correct.

Michael

--
Michael Meskes                   |    _____ ________ __  ____