Re: IMPORTANT: Fix for bad permissions on 1.1 boot floppies

In message <[🔎] Pine.SOL.3.91.960430023708.2774A-100000@brando.ece.utexas.edu>, Guy Maor writes:
>This has nothing to do with this bug.  But I've always wondered why
>some shared libs have the x bit on?  And some don't?

Maintainer preference, I guess. I generally do them as 644, just
because that seems to me to represent what the files are actually
capable of (they're not executable from the command line, at least).

If someone tells me that's wrong, I'll change it.

Mike.
--
"Don't let me make you unhappy by failing to be contrary enough...."