Nailing /etc/termcap...

On Mon, 29 Apr 1996, Guy Maor wrote:

> Such a decision was already made ages ago - we use ncurses, not curses
> and/or termcap.  A virgin 1.1 system has no /etc/termcap.  Only systems
> upgraded from 0.93r6 have the file.  I'll file an official bug against
> base.

Just a silly question... What about people who use commercial programs that
are linked against libtermcap? I assume they would *need* /etc/termcap to
work...  If /etc/termcap is removed in 1.1, will there at least be a
termcap-compat package (providing both /etc/termcap and libtermcap.so.2)?

    Christian