Mail to me and my multiple mail addresses

I've noticed recently a lot of people are assuming that all my
multiple email addresses go to the same place.  They don't.

If you email me the best thing to do is just to find my address in the
appropriate context (ie, dpkg Maintainer field or Packages file for
dpkg stuff, bugs WWW pages for debian-bugs stuff, From field of a mail
message in a conversation of some kind - including of a bug report I
have submitted) and use that.  I'm usually careful to make sure that
the right address appears in the right context.

If you really want to keep my addresses in your address book you will
need at least ian and ijackson out of the following four, all
@chiark.chu.cam.ac.uk:

 ian            All my Debian packages, including dpkg and the
                packaging guidelines.  Most of my correspondance
                on debian-devel.  Some but not all of my bug
                report submissions.

 ian-urgent     Same as above, but filed for `urgent' processing.

 ijackson       The bug tracking system.  Some but not all of my bug
                reports.  Really urgent enquiries that don't require
                information from my `ian' account.

 debupload      The cron-uploader from chiark to master.debian.org.

These addresses have many aliases, which you may see and may choose to
use, but don't really need to worry about:
 ijackson@nyx.cs.du.edu, ijackson@nyx.net, ijackson@gnu.ai.mit.edu
   -> ian@chiark.chu.cam.ac.uk
 iwj@debian.org, iwj10@{hermes,thor,cl,amtp}.cam.ac.uk,
 owner@bugs.debian.org
   -> ijackson@chiark.chu.cam.ac.uk
 iwj10@cus.cam.ac.uk
   Do not use by choice (-> ijackson or ian, depending on the sender)

Users of chiark should read /info/chiark.text for system
administration addresses, rather than reading this mail message.

Thanks,
Ian.