Re: Unanswered problem reports by maintainer

On Tue, 23 Apr 1996 Dirk.Eddelbuettel@qed.econ.queensu.ca wrote:

> We can close these two as ftape is now orphaned. The latest upstream release
> was 2.07 before Linus folded it (finally !) into the kernel sources.
>
> 	Robert Read <rread@ic.net> (2 bugs):
> 	 ftape        1615  ftape package contains only source
> 	 ftape        1983  ftape source has wrong permissions

In that case, taper needs to be repackaged to remove the Recommends:
ftape, then.

(i don't use ftape, but i remember being by dselect continually reselecting
ftape just because I wanted to have a look at taper to use with my scsi tape
drive...every time another conflict came up ftape got reselected)

Package: taper
Maintainer: Joe Kirby <kirby@utk.edu>
Version: 6.2-1
Depends: libc5, ncurses3.0