Re: Unanswered problem reports by maintainer

  Dirk> We can close these two as ftape is now orphaned. The latest upstream
  Dirk> release was 2.07 before Linus folded it (finally !) into the kernel
  Dirk> sources.
  Dirk>
  Dirk> Robert Read <rread@ic.net> (2 bugs):
  Dirk>  ftape 1615 ftape package contains only source
  Dirk>	 ftape 1983 ftape source has wrong permissions

  Ian>  If you think these bugs should be closed and the ftape package
  Ian> removed then go ahead and close them.  If the ftape package needs to
  Ian> stay then we should at least save the bug reports if they could be
  Ian> relevant.

We can close them. 0.93R6 will be shot dead soon. Those who know how do deal
with a tape drive know where to get the sources --- this package required
kernel sources anyway (for 1.2) and was an odd beast, as far as I am
concerned. Good that it is orphaned.

I can't close them as I don't have the bug reports here. I would have to get
through the 160 kB in the web page to get them and the addresses of the bug
report submitter.

  Ian>  Don't ask me, I just run the system :-).

Sure, but your damn close to the bug report system :-)

--
Dirk Eddelb"uttel                              http://qed.econ.queensu.ca/~edd