Re: AOUT packages

> > setterm does the following (near the end of setterm.c): vcterm =
> > !strncmp(term, "con", 3); which is used for the old style TERM
> > values (con80x25 etc.); in early 1.3 the default TERM changed to
> > "linux", so this should probably be: vcterm = !strcmp(term,
> > "linux");

Changing the check to !strcmp(term, "linux") fixes some things but not
others.  I'll have to defer to someone who know more about ncurses to
redo this package.

> Hmm, wouldn't it be better to use ioctls to check that the tty is
> truly a Linux console?  Environment varibles are known to be
> unreliable!

Perhaps, for some things but not for others.  If I'm telnetted in from
one linux box to another, I would expect everything that makes sense
to still work.

David