Re: boot-floppies beta 1

From: Lukas Nellen <lukas@teorica0.ifisicacu.unam.mx>
> I found the menu entry to configure the loadable modules. But all
> that happens is some flashing of the screen, then back to the main
> screen.

> when I try to
> insmod 3c503
> I get a mismatch of the kernel symbols between the kernel and the
> module.

> - If I say "yes" to the question if I'm connected to an ethernet, I
> get the loopback interface configured, and /etc/init.d/network
> finishes in comment that after this, the setup for the ethernet and/or
> SLIP/PPP should follow.
> - If I say "no" to the question if I'm connected to an ethernet,
> /etc/init.d/network starts with the definition of the ethernet variables
> and the ethernet setup, but the loopback interface doesn't get
> configured.

OK - I will work on these this evening. For the present, there will be no
SLIP/PPP set-up in the installation floppies - I agree that this is desirable,
it simply hasn't been done due to my time limitations and also disk space
limitations. For now, you have to install the appropriate packages to set up
SLIP and/or PPP.

	Thanks

	Bruce
--
Pixar Animation Studios: Reality is not our business.
Pixar's "Toy Story" $184.79M domestic, $101.7M overseas and counting.