Re: AOUT packages

> The following packages are still AOUT. I could recompile some of them if the
> maintainer has problems to do so, or if they aren't maintained anymore.

> symlinks-1.0-2.deb	Maintainer: Bill Mitchell <mitchell@mdd.comm.mot.com>

I converted this once but I guess it got lost.  I don't have it any
more.

> setterm-1.0-0.deb	Maintainer: CD Rasmussen <cdr@star.net>

When I tried converting this one, some things didn't work.  I think
this may be one of those apps where ncurses termcap emulation doesn't
work.

> sysklogd-1.2-22.deb	Maintainer: Martin Schulze <joey@debian.org>

This (or syslog) was converted at one time.  In fact the control file
still says it depends on libc5.  Who built this with an a.out
environment?

> diald-0.11-3.deb	Maintainer: Giuseppe Vacanti <Giuseppe.Vacanti@DeSelby.xs4all.nl>

This should also be upgraded to version 0.14 ASAP.  The later version
is needed to work properly with changes in recent kernels.

David