Re: cfengine question

Brian C. White writes:

> (I copied this to debian-user in case others had a similar question.)

OK.

> > do I have to do some manual adjustments to cfengine?
>
> Yes... very large ones, it fact!

I see.

> > Here's what I got from the daily cron script:
> >
> > cfengine:/etc/cfengine.conf:23: parse error
> > cfengine::23: Warning: actionsequence is empty
> > cfengine::Execution terminated after parsing due to errors in program
> > run-parts: running /etc/cron.daily/cfengine gave exit status 1
>
> This is because 'cfengine' currently has nothing to do (thus the action-
> sequence is empty).

But isn't it a bad idea to have a script return an error message if you
don't manual adjust it? In this case I'd prefer to see the script as an
example. Or isn't it possible to disable the cron run until it has been
configured? I don't like the idea of a novice user installing a stock debian
system and getting error messages.

Michael

--
Michael Meskes                   |    _____ ________ __  ____