Re: non-intel uploads (was: doc-linux-96.04-0 uploaded to master)

Juergen Menden writes:

> very nice! a question for the distribution maintainers:
> will this package automagically be moved to the binary-*
> hierarchies (at least binary-m68k)?

Not at the moment.

> and related: how is the upload directive for the
> non-intel archs now? can we use the same upload area
> now as the intel people (provided we build name-version.m68k.deb
> files)?

I would appreciate it if you didn't until there is infrastructure to
do things automatically.

> and as dchanges-3.0 was the first package i've seen with an
> arch-field in the .deb file: is it moved to all binary-*
> hierarchies? (i couldn't find it on binary-m68k yet)

No.  There's some serious work which needs to be done on the archive
maintenance.  Both in terms of automating it, and re-laying out the directories
to be friendlier.  If someone could find a university willing to sell me
an Electrical Engineering degree, I could probably come up with some more time
for this ;)

--
Carl Streeter               |  "Etiquette-wise, there is no proper time
streeter@adj.com            |    to use the phrase 'It sucks.'" --Dogbert