Re: mingetty & CVS...

Well, requiring cvs may limit who is willing to take over your
packages, but probably not by much... I'd be interested in seeing the
techniques you use (I use CVS for a number of other projects, but the
debian packages I maintain aren't very different from upstream.)

Actually, though, as long as someone can *get* the source and diff
packages, they could take over maintenance, since they don't need your
history, just the current state, so that would probably be ok. It
might be worth leaving around the "normal" targets anyway though.

Note also that it isn't required that debian.rules be a makefile, just
that it behave a lot like one :-) I'm going to be take advantage of
that in order to use an offset tree for my kerberos5 builds...