Re: National Information Infrastructure awards

Good morning Bruce!

}Come to think of it, some of our people must use IRC from time to time.

Sure. :-) It would be nice to meet some of you out there.

But as long as the Effnet is splitted into an american and a european
or german part (I can't investigate), because of small bandwith
between, the EffNet isn't a good medium.

Because of that some guys founded the LinuxNet, an IRC-Network
consisting of Linux machines (of course) and linux fanatics. I have
neither seen a Debian channel on it nor noticed any person that I know
from here. I would be glad to see one of you there.

For a list of LinuxNet Servers finger irc@irc.blackdown.org. Please
finger status@blackdown.org for a status report. Check out
http://home.pages.de/~joey/Linux/linux-net_e.html for the whole page.

Following is a list of servers in the LinuxNet, also called the
Blackdown Organization.

The Server are:

America:
~~~~~~~
   essence.blackdown.org      (mucsd01.marshall.edu)        (West Virginia)
 substance.blackdown.org      (irc.one.net)                 (Ohio)
  ceremony.blackdown.org      (linuxnet.crocker.com)        (Massachussets)
 sangfroid.blackdown.org      (homer.ncm.com)               (Virginia)
   perfect.blackdown.org      (freedom.nmsu.edu)            (New Mexico)
subculture.blackdown.org      (beowulf.gsfc.nasa.gov)       (Maryland)
   elysium.blackdown.org      (cjb.ico.net)                 (California)

Canada:
~~~~~~
   bizarre.blackdown.org      (linuxnet.achilles.net)

United Kingdom:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      true.blackdown.org      (zen.btc.uwe.ac.uk)           (Bristol)
       sunacm.swan.ac.uk                                    (Swansea)
supercomputer.swan.ac.uk                                    (Swansea)
    vision.blackdown.org                                    (God Knows)

Germany:
~~~~~~~
      love.blackdown.org      (jurix.jura.uni-sb.de)        (Saarbruecken)

Norway:
~~~~~~
     shame.blackdown.org      (linux.ingok.hitos.no)        (Port 6666)

Common people like Alan Cox (_Anarchy_) and Stephen C. Tweedie (sct)
join #Linux regularily.

cu on IRC,

	Joey

 / =?iso-8859-1?q?kristian_k=f6hntopp@cyberbox.north.de          /
/        verursacht durch kaputte Gatesoftware auf der CyberBox /