Re: Uploads to chiark

You (Dale Scheetz) wrote:
> Just to get my $.02 in. As the new maintainer for octave, I have yet to
> make the conversion from termcap to ncurses (currently have a slew of
> unsatisfied external references). I may be forced to return termcap to
> the system just to get it to build. Although I don't want to return to
> termcap, I would feel more comfortable if it were still there, at least
> for a while.

But, most stuff will build if you use the termcap.h file from ncurses
(which is in /usr/include/termcap.h in Debian) and link with -lncurses
instead of -ltermcap. Ncurses includes termcap emulation, you don't need
to convert anything. Minicom is also compiled this way, even though it
uses termcap internally it's linked to libncurses.

Mike.
--
  Miquel van    | Cistron Internet Services   --    Alphen aan den Rijn.
  Smoorenburg,  | mailto:info@cistron.nl          http://www.cistron.nl/