dpkg --root=/mnt -i image-1.3.64-0.deb

Hi All,

I had to reinstall the original image package becuase my kernel paniced
and the Old option (previous kernel) paniced too.

First I discovered that I didn't had any boot/root (stupid me of course)
but copied some slack boot/root from someone else. Then went on,
mount my original root under /mnt and tried to dpkg --root=/mnt -i
image*.deb

This went pretty well untill the postinst script had to be done. It didn't
work at all. It is full of absolute references to "/" instead of or more
relative reference to "/mnt" in my case. Is the --root option directory
passed to the postinst scripts? If so what is it 's name? If so I can
file an enourmous amount of bugreports because nearly all post pre inst rm
scripts have to rewriteen.???????????!!!!!!!!!!!

Perhaps we shouldn't do this before the release but it needs attention.

Erick