Re: dpkg 1.1.1elf: many changes, more to come

David Engel writes:

> However, the only way
> I think it could be doen would use a small, uuencoded, ELF binary in
> the preinst script.  Checking in the postinst script would be too
> late.  IMHO, this is too kludgy and not very architecture-indpendent.
> What would a user do if they didn't have uudecode installed or an
> a.out version handy?

I've seen implementations of uuencode written in perl.  Since that's
required to be on the system anyway...
(If it would help, let me know and I'll go digging)

--
Carl Streeter                   |  "Etiquette-wise, there is no proper time
streeter@cae.wisc.edu           |    to use the phrase 'It sucks.'" --Dogbert