Re: A working Gnuchess (at last!)

On Thu, 14 Mar 1996, Ian Jackson wrote:

> Nikhil Nair writes ("Re: A working Gnuchess (at last!)"):
> > gnuchessx still needs xboard (in fact, the gnuchess package Recommends:
> > xboard).  [...]
>
> Why should it Recommend xboard ?  Surely it makes perfect sense to
> install only gnuchess ?

Yes, it makes perfect sense (I did myself, after all).  I suppose I
assumed (withouttt thinking about it very much) that most sighted people
would want to use it with xboard ....  Shall I change that to Suggests?
- that might be more appropriate.

BTW, Ian, you mentioned you ussed gnuchessc ... could you briefly explain
to me how it works? :-)  The documentation says it uses the `chesstool'
program on Suns &c, but I haven't found that, and running the program
just puts my machine in a graphics mode :-( (not very helpful when you're
using /dev/vcsa0 to read it ...).

Cheers,

Nikhil.