Re: A working Gnuchess (at last!)

On Thu, 14 Mar 1996, Ian Jackson wrote:

> > Shall I change that to Suggests? - that might be more appropriate.
>
> I agree.

Right - 4.0.pl75-2 coming soon.

> > [Asking about gnuchessc]
>
> It prints a chessboard on the screen, using inverse video to show the
> squares, and a letter inside each square for the pieces.  ISTR there's
> some status info and stuff on the right hand side of the screen.

Intriguing - I wonder how it does it ... it is linked with
libncurses.so.3.0, but so is gnuchessx, so that doesn't mean much.  It
must be using curses, I suppose, since it's not Linux specific, which
means that not everything curses does is tracked by /dev/vcs* - does
that sound likely to you?

Nikhil.