Re: Overwriting files from other packages will require Replaces

   >    Hmm ... I'd say two packages offering the same service should
   >    conflict if there seems to be no useful way to use both on the same
   >    system.
   >
   >    I further think this is true for the sendmail/smail case - two
   >    different mailers just don't make sense.

Raul Miller:
   > When installing a new mailer, there may be mail remaining in the
   > outgoing queue of the old mailer.  How would you recommend this mail
   > be delivered?

Kai Henningsen:
   Well, certainly not by a full mailer installation.

Why not?  If it's simple, and it works, it's a good starting point.

   Anyway, I think there exists no really good solution to that
   problem anyway - all I have ever seen is kludges where you do a lot
   of work by hand.

Er... what about stuff along the lines of leave runq in cron?

--
Raul