Re: boot floppies status

Bruce Perens writes ("boot floppies status"):
> I finished the module-configuration program, I have not yet edited the help
> text for all of the modules.
>
> As far as I can tell, we are in the home stretch for 1.1 .

Remember that we still have the following things left to do:

 * We need to decide on the FTP site structure and get our mirrors
   sorted out.

 * Someone needs to go through the buglist and identify the critical
   bugs.  These bugs must be fixed.

 * The installation needs to be tested internally a lot more before we
   go to a beta release of 1.1, and then tested as beta for several
   weeks before we make a release proper.

 * The shared library / ELF / ld.so / Pre-Depends arrangements need to
   be confirmed and implemented.  David, could you let me know what's
   happening so that I can implement it in the ELF dpkg ?

I'd like to do some things to dselect's user interface to make it
easier to do a more selective upgrade, but they're not critical and we
can certainly make a beta release without it.

Ian.