Re: Net packages should be compiled under the 1.2 kernel include files

> I think in general, until the kernel 1.4 (or 2.0) is released that we
> should require applications (at least network aware apps) to be compiled
> with the 1.2.13 include files.

I don't think that's going to work, as various networking interfaces are
changed for 1.3 . We finally gave up trying to edit 1.2 to present the same
network interface as 1.3 . I think we are beyond the point where we can
support a 1.2 kernel any longer, even though 1.3 is not yet released. If
Linus doesn't beat us to a release, it's going to be very close and 1.3 will
probably be a good deal more stable by then.

	Thanks

	Bruce
--
Bruce Perens <Bruce@Pixar.com> A campaigner for Clinton and against Censorship.
Toy Story: $183M and counting. At $184M it will beat the #1 movie of 1995.