Re: FYI: H.J. Lu on debian

J.H.M.Dassen writes (citing HJ Lu):

> May I say this to Debian? Please get the ELF version of Debian out of
> door ASAP before doing anything else. Otherwise, it may be too late
> for Debian.
>
> H.J.

I don't know if we are too late. But I'm sure we should hurry. IMO the ELF
distribution must go out ASAP. Where are the problems? If it's just
recompiling packages we shoudl be able to do that in a matter of days. Does
anyone know which packages need to be converted? In particulare I wonder if
there is a maintainer who'd like me (or someone else who's using an ELF
system) to recompile his package.

Michael

--
Michael Meskes
Lehrstuhl fuer angewandte Mathematik insb. Informatik