Re: Connffiles?

'Bruce Perens wrote:'

>> In some ways, it makes sense for all files to be considered conffiles.
>
>NeXT's installer does this. It doesn't seem to hurt.

It would hurt me.  I just got a Trident 9440 card and had to upgrade
to the XFree86 Beta.  I want dpkg to overwrite everything that I've
installed behind its back without prompting.

--
Christopher J. Fearnley            |    UNIX SIG Leader at PACS
cjf@netaxs.com                     |    (Philadelphia Area Computer Society)