vile and xvile dependencies

I am working on a package for vile, a vi work-alike editor.  The program
compiles into two separate binaries, vile (plain text mode) and xvile (X11
version).  I an having trouble deciding on the dependencies.  Here are my
options as I see it:

1.) create two separate packages (vile and xvile)
2.) create a single pacakge (vile) that depends on libc5 and ncurses3.0
    and *recommends* x11R6

What is the preferred way?  Any suggestions are welcome.

--
Brian Sulcer <bsulcer@gibson.com>  |  Gibson USA
System Administrator               |  Nashville, Tennessee