Re: deliver (new pkg) uploaded

>>  Deliver also acts as a local mail delivery agent for (and may be
>>  required by) programs such as `sendmail'.
>
> No! Don't make it required! Many people like myself prefer to use mail.local
> as distributed with sendmail, even so it has its problems.

The Linux version of mail.local as distributed in the previous sendmail
package is incompatible with Debian: it fails to lock mailbox files with the
proper protocol, and you will (I have) lost mail because of this.

In looking at the source distributed with sendmail, though, I see a different
version of mail.local that appears to do the right mailbox locking, although I
don't know anything more. I'll try compiling it.

Other opinions?

Bruce, what were your thoughts again about mail.local?

--
Robert Leslie
rob@mars.org