Re: loginutils package, etc.

> The netstd package integrates sources from several upstream sources
> quite well, I think.  Do you see it as a reasonable model?  [My
> inclination is to say 'yes'.]

Yes, if you were going to packages that mixed and matched multiple
upstream source packages, netstd would be a good model. I ran into
a problem with netstd this week, though. What do I do if I want a system
with just a few clients? Well, I can't install the netstd-clients package
separately from the netstd-servers package, for example. All I can do is
install netstd.

So, if you are going to put a bunch of source packages together, it might
be a good idea to arrange the source like netstd and then generate a
number of binary packages from one source package.

	Thanks

	Bruce
--
Bruce Perens <Bruce@Pixar.com> A campaigner for Clinton and against Censorship.
Toy Story: $183M and counting. At $184M it will beat the #1 movie of 1995.