Re: Someone to maintain emacs [Now: www stuff]

M> If not rdist then possibly SUP which is a very nice little package.

Not to be alarmist, but you might want to check rdist.

I have been having some serious problems using it across ppp.  The "r"
commands have been failing for me for weeks now.  "rsh machine ls"
would fail mysteriously after 1 successful attempt, refusing to work
again.  strace revealed a socket permission error.  "rsh machine `ls
-l`" would truncate its output.  As a result rdist would fail.

I just checked (I haven't in a while), and things seem OK now.  It
could be because I just upgraded to kernel 1.3.70, or it could be the
newer debian packages I got at the end of last week.

This problem only surfaced when I was on a ppp link.  I didn't see the
symptoms between the ethernetted Debian machines in the lab.

Just thought you should know.
--
Rob